The rapid development of ICT will have a profound impact on the way we live and work.
Singapore is building the World's first Smart Nation by harnessing technology to the fullest with the aim of improving the lives of citizens, creating more opportunities, and building stronger communities.
This call is opened with the ambition to look for disruptive innovations for the transformation towards smarter cities.
If you have a solution for Resource Efficiency or City Resilience propose your solution and get access to research collaboration, coaching from the corporate experts and new business opportunities.
Smart cities mean people and businesses are empowered through increased access to data, more participatory through the contribution of innovative ideas and solutions and that way more effective services that utilise technology to better serve citizens’ needs.
This innovation call is launched with the ambition to look for disruptive digital initiatives and unique service and product ideas for digital transformation of Veolia's three main areas of activities - water, waste and energy. Focus is in solutions for efficiency, quality of life and co-construction with citizens.
Selected innovators will get a chance to develop their idea together with the corporate experts. Join now the transformation by sending your application.
Subjects of interest for Veolia
Veolia wants to promote and support the digital revolution, enabling smarter responses to urban problems. Smart solutions allow cities to optimize their resource use and reduce CO2 emissions, improve urban asset management and provide more efficient ways to manage energy in buildings and cities. Veolia is also interested in solutions supporting cities become more resilient to the physical, social, and economic challenges that are a growing part of the 21st century.
Examples of the interesting innovation areas:
- Smart management of waste
- Smart management of cooling and heating demands
- Smart management of water and networks
- Sensors and data collection/processing systems for urban infrastructures
- Decentralised systems
Relevant proposal should
- Support the transition towards smart cities
- Offer new way of operation, business model or technology for the industry
- Have a positive impact on the environment
- be on Technology Readiness Levels (TRL) 3 to 9. Read more about the TRL scale.
What we are not interested in
- Solutions that are not in our business scope
- Solutions that are not supported by accurate and robust data or evidences
- Solutions that do not bring novelty or improvement compared to competitors
Possible forms of collaboration
- Incorporating the solution in a tender
- A specific co-development agreement to meet the industrial needs
- Testing the solution in a pilot or on an industrial scale